Just a brief update on where we are at.
The current situation with the virus spread is very fluid. Virus traces have been found in Coffs Harbour sewage, I suspect (hope!) from a truck driver passing through town. All we need is a couple of positive cases showing up and we’re back in lockdown!
All the messages coming from the NSW Government indicate that full vaccination will be a prerequisite for every thing opening up. So, if you haven’t already done so, please get vaccinated.
The committee is meeting on Monday 20th to decide on a reopening plan. Here are some of the issues we will be looking at:
- Obeying the one person per four square metre rule is our main stumbling block.
- Restricting groups to 4-5 people.
- Having on-line classes.
- Meeting in small groups in cafes like Chill Out.
- The first few meetings have short presentations to the whole club in main hall (similar to last year).
- The first get together be a social event like a picnic.
Once we have developed our plan I will send out another newsletter asking for feedback.
Not sure about other committee members but I am finding it a bit hard kick starting the old brain back into life so any suggestions or feedback from our members will be gratefully received.
On a lighter note
From the sign on the escalator I think this is in Russia somewhere 😂😂